I revealed my new years goals/resolutions in this post, and I figured it was high time for an update.
1. Read one chapter of the Bible a day: doing well. haven’t been totally perfect, but I’m at least averaging a chapter/ day.
2. Memorize one verse per week: so-so. We’ve memorized a few verses, but I don’t have a good system for choosing what verse to do next or an easy way to review past verses. Maybe that will be a blog post when I figure out a good system. Right now I’m working on Romans 12:9-21, which I’ll talk about in a future post.
3. Switch to cloth napkins and paper towels: We have switched out the napkins; I don’t even think we’ve had any paper napkins in the house for a month, but I found a giant stock of paper towels that will last until we move, so I haven’t crafted any fancy huck towels to replace these yet.
4. Decorate the house: In progress. I finished my pillow shams, throw pillow covers, am working on a curtain. I want to do stuff for the walls, but am kind of waiting until we move, because I need to buy or paint a lot of frames.
5. Only watch one TV show per week: I haven’t exactly been successful here, but I have been watching about 2/week (which for the next stretch will be Psych and Duck Dynasty), which is less than last year (maybe 4?), so I am feeling pretty good about this. I have subbed them out for podcasts, (mostly Family Life) which are both entertaining and useful/uplifting.
How are you doing with your New Year’s resolutions? Do you have any ideas for me on choosing verses to memorize or a good system to review them?